Monday, July 28, 2003

Happy Monday...

Well, at least its sunny and I have a window to enjoy the sunshine from...

Its lunchtime and I'm enjoying a wheat bread, turkey & roasted pepper sandwich with some baby carrots & ranch dressing.
I challenged myself last Friday - to loose 5 lbs in 2 weeks. As of this morning I've lost 2 already... though that includes a long 'sitting' session so I'm sure it will inch back up a bit. Not bad, though! Anytime I get the urge to eat something that's not so great dietwise, I just say - two weeks, that's all! Its a big help to know there's a time limit.

Fern is hopefully flying back to the US even as I type. Poor honey!! I'm SO GLAD he's heading back here, and I wish the same could be said for all of our armed forces in Iraq. Of course he'll be walking right into the the family soap opera du jour but at least he knows all the players and he's been forewarned. My prayer is that it does not tear the family apart... but given how most of my family members subscribe to the 'my way or the highway' philosophy I am afraid, very afraid. Frank's so funny, he wants me to keep staying neutral, in his words 'be the Switzerland' of the family. As I told one of the brothers, we all have to live by our choices. And be aware of the consequence those choices have on others you love, not just on you.

On the other hand, I had a nice weekend. I wanted to goto the shore, but Saturday I was too tired in the morning and Sunday the day didn't look that great at 8am. So instead I sat in our yard for a couple of hours, I think I got a bit of sun. And we got to see Seabiscuit! What a great movie!! I wish they made more movies like that.

Hopefully next weekend we'll be in Dover welcoming Fern and the Co. G Marines back to good ol' NJ.

No comments: