Friday, January 02, 2004

January 1 and having fun...

Had a great time celebrating the new year with the neighbors & catching up - they're really fun people, wish we spent more time together!

So I talked to mom in the morning, and she invited us over for dinner, except she didn't have anything for dessert. So I thought, hey, great opportunity to play with my new Kitchen Aid mixer! I decided to use a recipe from the booklet that came with it, since I'm not quite sure how to adapt recipes yet, its an Applesauce Cake which I thought sounded yummy. I dumped all the ingredients & started mixing - what fun, this thing works great! Then I started to cut up the apple that needed to be added, when my new Wusthof knife decided to christen me, and gave me a nice cut. I sliced a good chunk of my 4th finger on my left hand, a little more than a 1/4" diameter, and it was hanging only by one side, about as thick as a nice deli slice. Nice clean cut, though! After a few frantic calls to family to help us decide if I needed stitches, we ended up just putting a butterfly bandage on since it wasn't bleeding all that much. Bummer! I'm very annoyed, but what can you do. So I never finished baking the cake after all :) maybe we'll finish it today, Frank offered to help finish the cake prep since I'm kinda one handed right now.

Enough excitement for the new year! Hope the rest goes quieter, but we'll see.

No comments: