Sunday, December 22, 2002

Last night Frank and I went to see the 23rd Paul Winter's Solsctice concert in the Cathedral of St. John the Divine. It was a WONDERFUL concert, one of the best in years! It had an African theme, with mostly African or African American performers, and they were a lot of fun to listen to and watch. This was only the 3rd time that the moment of solstice happened right during the concert. So they did their "longest night of the year" suite (with the gong!) pretty early into the show in order to have it coincide with the moment of solstice. Pretty cool!

Frank and I both have the flu. Yuck. We pushed ourselves to go to the concert (since we had the tx) but we're paying for it this morning, both feeling stuffy, draggy and generally crappy. So no church this morning (sorry guys!). I hate not being there because they depend on me for music, but I figure I need to get better for Xmas eve mass, which is only two days away. I may just make some chicken soup for dinner tonight ;)

No comments: