Saturday, December 28, 2002

Its the Saturday after Xmas, Dec. 28. Only three days left in the old year!
We had a quiet but beautiful Christmas. We went to my parent's for Xmas eve as usual, but it felt quiet with only my parents & my brother. We certainly missed having the rest of the clan, but I'm sure Juani & Fern are having a blast in their Italy trip. And Ali & Co. are in no shape to travel this year, hopefully next year will be different. Then we wen tot my inlaws for our usual Xmas morning gift extravaganza, back to mom's for some more presents and back to the inlaws for dinner. This year my inlaws invited my family to come - I was very flattered and happy to get some of my favorite people in the same room. There were some jittery nerves given that both families are so different, but a great time was had by all.
The only sad part is that the rest of Frank's family couldn't come because of the snow. And my poor brother Jorge had to work supervising the snow cleanup so he missed a great dinner. But we've got the in-law make up xmas party tomorrow Sunday, should be nice to see everyone!

Food was great as always - my mo cooks great Cuban food and my mother inlaw is also a fantastic cook. I thought I'd gained weight, until I weighed myself Friday morning - hey, I'll take a couple of lbs off as a belated xmas gift!!!
Got to play at church again this year - to a packed audience as usual. I was a bit nervous because I was still recovering from the flu but everything came out great. Even my usual bloopers were relatively minor.
Last couple of days we've spent shopping - not buying all that much but exchanging some things from Xmas. We loved everything we got but some things were the wrong size, etc.
Now we're off to Stacy's graduation party - yoohoo!! Should be fun going to her Uncle Nick's farm with the whole crew, like she's always wanted to do .
Here's to a fun day today!

No comments: