Thursday, January 17, 2008

Last night I went to our local Holistic moms meeting, and there was a new member that was pregnant. I couldn't help myself, I suggested that she check out the ICAN website in prep of her delivery, and her response was that she was happy with her care (said she's got a great midwife & doula team). I felt a little rebuffed in that she wasn't concerned about learning how to avoid a possible ceasarean.

I guess after my unwanted ceasarean, I feel the need to warn others that most ceasareans are unplanned for… you almost have to assume you'll be bullied into a c-section and you need to take preventive action BEFORE you give birth. I know for me, I swore up and down I wouldn't be a c-section but didn't know you have to actively work to avoid one. I wish I'd known there's ways to avoid one, that you need to prep your body way before delivery in order to decrease your chances of a c-section (ie walking helps the baby get into position).

Ok now I REALLY TRULY need to get some work done! This is why I don't blog often...

No comments: