Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Being a working mom, its hard to get out of the 'working all the time mode". About the only time I let myself relax is when I read the paper. I tend to just run around the house, doing stuff like laundry, dishes, cleaning, cooking, putting away stuff, etc. And my poor daughter is left waiting for her mommy to stop running around and pay attention to her.

So last night I decided to let everything else wait and spend some time with her at our basement play area. Boy was it tough to just let GO of my do-do-do mindset! I probably need to do this more often. She's not going to stay this small & adorable forever, I need to enjoy her now. Funny thing is she gave me a taste of my own medicine, she spent quite a bit of time telling me to wait while she 'prepared' a handbag for me (basically stuffing it with toys). So I waited and listened while she chatted away about what she was doing, what I needed to do, etc.

I need to make a point of spending more time with her. Its bad enough I rarely get to talk with anyone (family or friends - that's something else I need to work on, sigh). Would love to hear comments on how other working moms juggle tim with their kids & getting things done!

No comments: