Monday, September 08, 2003

Had a nice quiet but busy weekend. Got to study some portuguese - kinda fun to be in school again, though there's always something to be done in the house that's calling my name. On Saturday we went to our favorite tiny french bistro and had a delicious dinner - that place is SO cute and so good I have to bring my family there one of these days. Then on Sunday I got to talk to my family.... some fireworks are still sputtering and threatening to combust vigorously... its pretty ugly when some people insist that the only possible choices are the ones they'd make and every other choice is not only wrong but Morally Ethically Wrong (yes, with capital letters) and they threaten to Stop Talking Forever to whoever does not agree with them. Puh-lease! Let's get a bit more emotional and irrational about it, shan't we? I HATE being put in the middle but I've got no choice... can't hope for it to blow away either, I'll just have to wait and see how it plays out.
Whoever said that soap opera's are not like real life hasn't met my family...
Got an interesting but busy week at work, there's several visitors from Latin America we'll be hosting. Should be fun to be talking Spanish!

No comments: